Dallas Texas Truck Wreck Investigations
When it comes to car accidents - especially truck accidents - time is of the essence. There are a number of entities and elements that suppress, erase and erode potential evidence that could be used in a personal injury case. If you or a loved one has been involved in a truck accident, the sooner you contact The Law Offices of W.T. Johnson, the sooner we can begin our investigation and aid your claim. Even the delay of one day, can make all the difference. In that time, the one of the following can have a tremendous impact on the case:
- The Trucking Company's "Rapid Response Team": usually within 24 hours, the at-fault company will have deployed their team of investigators, insurance agents and other representatives to begin their own research. This gives those responsible a sizeable leg-up when it comes to defending the incident. Under extreme circumstances, these company-men have been known to tamper with the scene itself, creating a false impression of what really occurred.
- Emergency Crews & Other Motorists: Whether by deliberate or indirect action, the accident scene can be drastically altered by those who are just trying to help. By moving even one piece of the collision, investigators may be painting an incorrect picture of the accident scene.
- Mother Nature: depending on the environmental conditions during the time of your wreck, many clear indicators of what occurred and who may be responsible can be quickly washed away by the weather. Even the most thorough police investigation may miss clues that could otherwise be spotted by our team of specialists.
Ultimately, our primary goals are developing a cohesive understanding of how the accident occurred and building an air-tight case against the at-fault party. From the moment you contact our office, we will employ every resource and specialist at our disposal, to begin collecting evidence. You can rest assured that, so long as we have enough time, we will find the truth and bring it to light.
But do not wait until it is too late. Give our team the chance to fight on your behalf as soon as possible. Call (214) 231-0544 today and schedule a case evaluation at no cost to you.
What Kind Of Evidence Do You Look For?
For over two decades, we have helped victims who have been injured, or lost loved ones in truck accidents, obtain the kind of settlement that can help them move forward. We do so by collecting all the evidence we can find and getting to the bottom of what occurred the moments before and after the collision. The type of evidence we often look for, or examine, includes:
- Garage maintenance records for the truck in question;
- Obtaining witness statements from other motorists, law enforcement and passer-bys;
- Trucker-logs, detailing how long they had been driving and how much sleep they had in-between; and
- Fuel tickets and dispatch sheets
Often we'll find that there is more to the accident than one mechanic, or driver, who was lax in their duties. In most cases, it is a series of unfortunate and entirely preventable issues, beginning at the top of the corporate chain, and extending all the way down, that led to the disaster.
Contact The Law Offices of W.T. Johnson
If you, or a loved one, have questions concerning a recent truck accident, don't hesitate to contact a Dallas truck accident lawyer at our office, day or night. The number is (214) 231-0544. You may also submit your information online and one of our representatives will get back to you shortly.
If you would like to discuss your claim with a member of our team, don't hesitate to call us at (214) 231-0544. We're ready to help you, and won't rest until you receive the settlement you deserve.