If you were the victim of a personal injury, you know the only way you can get the justice you deserve is to hire a personal injury lawyer—but how do you pick the best one? If you are looking for a personal injury lawyer, here are five tips to help you choose the best one for you:
- Visit one that has free consultations: If you are in need of a personal injury lawyer, you shouldn’t have to pay to determine if that lawyer is best for you. The best personal injury lawyers offer free consultations in which you bring your documents and talk with them about your case to determine if it’s worth pursuing.
- Ask about their background: During the initial free consultation with the personal injury lawyer, bring a list of questions to ask to determine if they are a good attorney for your case, such as:
- How long have you been a personal injury lawyer?
- What percentage of your cases are personal injury?
- What is your education background? Have you participated in any continuing education classes?
- How many personal injury cases have you successfully settled?
- Choose a contingency fee based lawyer: Contingency fees mean that you only have to pay the lawyer if they successfully settle your case. If they don’t win your case, you don’t have to pay, which is how it works at the Law Offices of W.T. Johnson. Many lawyers charge high fees, even if they don’t get you the compensation you deserve.
- Determine if the most experienced lawyer will take your case: Sometimes personal injury lawyers will meet with you, and then pass on your case to less experienced attorneys at the firm if they don’t think they will have a large payout. Research the attorneys through online lawyer referral sources to determine if you are getting the personal injury attorney with the most experience.
- Discuss your settlement goals: After you discuss your case with a personal injury lawyer, let them know your goals for the settlement. Ask them these important questions to see if they will support your goals or their own:
- If I want to avoid going to trial by accepting a lower settlement than you think we can recover, will you honor that?
- If I want to reject a settlement offer you think is fair, will you go to trial for a larger amount?
At the Law Offices of W.T. Johnson our highly experienced personal injury lawyers offer free consultations, and will only accept payment once they get you the compensation you are entitled to. Contact us today and set-up your free consultation.