You are excited about the Labor Day weekend approaching, but since it’s a holiday weekend there will be many more drunk drivers on Dallas roads. It’s important to know the typical signs of drunk drivers to protect you and your loved ones from drunk driving accidents this holiday weekend. Here are some tips from Mothers Against Drunk Drivers about typical signs of drunk drivers:
- Tailgating, weaving or zig-zagging across the road
- Driving on the sidewalk or other non-roadways
- Almost striking an object, curb or vehicle
- Stopping randomly or erratic braking
- Drifting in and out of lanes
- Signaling that is inconsistent with driving actions
- Slow response to traffic signals
- Straddling the center lane marker
- Driving with headlights off at night
- Driving slower than 10 m.p.h. below the speed limit
- Turning abruptly or illegally
- Driving on the wrong side of the road
If you see any of these signs of drunk driving this weekend, it’s important to stay far away from the vehicle, and not try to pass them. If possible, try to remember the license plate number, so you can tell the police, but don’t endanger yourself trying to see it.
You should pull over, and call the police. Tell them the exact location you saw the drunk driver, give a description of the car and license plate number, if possible. This will help you prevent others from becoming victims of drunk driving accidents.
Even if you always drive sober, others aren’t as careful and as a result they cause drunk driving accidents. If you or a loved one were a victim of a Dallas drunk driving accident, you deserve justice and compensation. Contact the Law Offices of W.T. Johnson today and set-up your free, no-obligation consultation.