When you are walking around a place of business and slip and fall, it is usually due to the negligence of someone else. Slip and fall accidents can lead to many injuries or even death. Here are some of the most common injuries that occur from a slip and fall accident:
- Head Injuries: After slipping and falling, it’s easy to hit your head on the floor or something near you. Slip and fall accidents can result in concussions or even traumatic brain injuries.
- Broken bones: If you are walking in an icy parking lot and fall, it’s easy to break a bone, since broken bones can occur after you land on a hard surface.
- Cuts: It’s common to get cut if you fall on a sharp object that is laying on the floor. Cuts can occur if staff didn’t pick up dangerous materials like they should have.
- Bruises: If you fall and land hard, your capillaires break, which causes a bruise to appear.
Some dangerous conditions that typically cause slip and fall accidents are:
- torn carpeting
- changes in flooring
- poor lighting
- narrow stairs
- wet floor
- broken or cracked sidewalks
- rain, ice or snow
If you or a loved one were the victim of a slip and fall accident, you deserve compensation for your emotional and physical trauma. Contact the slip and fall attorneys at the Law Offices of W.T. Johnson today and set-up your free, no-obligation consultation.