If you are searching for a nursing home for your loved one, it can be an overwhelming process. Many nursing homes seem fine, but then later on you discover they have a history of nursing home abuse violations.
To help protect your loved ones from nursing home abuse, ProPublica created a nursing home inspect tool, which helps you identify or avoid the nursing homes with the most violations in your state. The data is based on the deficiencies cited by nursing home regulators and the penalties imposed in the past three years. Of the 262,500 deficiencies in ProPublica database, here are the 10 regulations most commonly violated by nursing homes:
1. Facility is Free of Accident Hazards: 17,331
2. Facility Establishes Infection Control Program: 14,186
3. Provide Necessary Care for Highest Practicable Well-Being: 13,401
4. Store/Prepare/ Distribute Food Under Sanitary Conditions: 11,746
5. Develop Comprehensive Care Plans: 9,070
6. Services Provided Meet Professional Standards: 8,986
7. Clinical Records Meet Professional Standards: 7,962
8. Not Employ Persons Guilty of Abuse: 7,288
9. Drug Regimen is Free from Unnecessary Drugs: 7,040
10. Dignity: 6,605
It’s best to use online tools to find nursing homes that don’t have violations, so your family member will never have to endure nursing home abuse or neglect.
If you thought you chose a good nursing home for your loved one, but later discovered your family member was a victim of nursing home abuse or neglect, your loved one deserves justice. The nursing home abuse lawyers at the Law Offices of W.T. Johnson have years of experience in nursing home abuse cases. Contact us today and set-up your free, no-obligation consultation.