Dallas Surgical Error Attorneys
Medical Mistakes During Your Surgery
Surgical errors in the operating room are far more common than you might realize. High-paid physicians and hospitals do not benefit from letting this information leak to the media. Surgery is a life or death procedure. Once you are under anesthesia your life is in the hands of health care providers led by a surgeon.
Common surgical mistakes include:
- Removal of wrong organ
- Wrong procedure
- Amputation of wrong limb
- Cut artery or vein
- Perforated bowel
- Lacerations to vital organs
- Improper administration of anesthesia
- Leaving surgical tools and medical sponges inside your body
- Birth injuries
What Caused Your Surgical Errors?
- Did your surgeon's attitude toward lower ranking team members leave them unable to speak up for fear of retribution?
- Did your surgeon forego meeting with his team to review the details of your procedure before surgery?
- Was chaos in the OR a factor in not following strict guidelines set forth by federal law?
- Was your surgery lengthy or particularly complex and the surgeon too selfish to give himself or his team a much-needed break?
- Did your surgeon actually review your case prior to your procedure?
- Did overworked medical personnel fail to properly sterilize your equipment?
- Did your nurse anesthetist bring you harm by letting your heart rate drop too low?
Fight Back from Surgery Errors
Hold surgeons and hospitals responsible for medical mistakes and surgical errors. Surgery should be a healing procedure. From missed sponges to accidental amputation, no one should suffer a major medical mistake during any surgical procedure. The Dallas medical malpractice attorneys at The Law Office of WT Johnson is ready to fight for you. Contact us today to discuss the medical mistakes made during your surgery.
Negligence is unacceptable, especially when your life is at stake.
Texas Surgical Error Case Results
- Confidential Settlement - Medical malpractice case involving sponge left in client
Click here to see more case results.
- 5 Causes of Surgery-Related Medical Malpractice Cases
- How Often Do People Get Surgical Instruments Left In Them After Surgery?
- Medical Malpractice Injuries that May Cause Paralysis
- Thousands of Mistakes Made in Surgery Every Year - WebMD
- What You Should Know Before Your Surgery - CDC
- Wrong-Site Surgery: A Preventable Medical Error
If you would like to discuss your claim with a member of our team, don't hesitate to call us at (214) 231-0544. We're ready to help you, and won't rest until you receive the settlement you deserve.