Dallas Nursing Home Residents' Rights Lawyers
In our great state, and across the nation, nursing home and care facility residents are entitled to the same rights as every other citizen – life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. These are not privileges that can be snatched away at the whim of an irritable orderly. At The Law Office of WT Johnson, we've witnessed first-hand the violations of these rights in facilities all across the state and have litigated a number of successful cases against said violators.
If you suspect in any way that a loved one living in a residence care home had his or her rights denied, it is imperative you speak with one of our understanding attorney's today. We're prepared to hold these perpetrators accountable for their actions and will exercise your right to a fair and just compensation. Contact us today at (214) 231-0544 or fill out our online form.
Entering a nursing home does not equal foregoing all protections given to us by our federal and state governments. In fact, it is quite the opposite. Under Texas Administrative Code 19.401-421, nursing home residents by law are afforded the same rights we all enjoy each day. Additionally, under Texas Administrative Code19.701-705 & 19.901 the level of care offered to residents of a nursing facility must be extraordinarily high to satisfy state regulatory commissions.
- The right to observe their own religion and exercise their faith as they please.
- The right to choose and retain a personal attending physician.
- The right to be informed of their medical history and condition.
- The right to privacy for meetings with family and resident groups.
- The right to share a room with a spouse when married residents live in the same facility.
- The right to send and receive mail promptly that is unopened.
- The right to refuse to perform services for the facility.
- The right to choose activities, schedules, and health care consistent with the resident’s interests, assessments, and plans of care.
- The right to timely access to specialty care and confidentiality protection.
- The right to their financial situation in what concerns their engagement with the facility that cares for them.
- The right to receive visitors of their choice, whether it is family or friends, except if mentally incapacitated.
Undoubtedly, if you have a family member who has been traumatized by abuse in a state or private care facility, you want justice for the pain they endured. The experienced Dallas nursing home abuse attorneys at The Law Office of WT Johnson can help. We've fought for a number of families, going up against local and national nursing home chains, and won. Our dedicated and empathetic team of litigators is ready to do the same for you. By contacting us you are entitled to a free case evaluation and consultation – so don't delay. Call (214) 231-0544 and speak with one of our knowledgeable representatives today.
- Understanding the Rights of Victims of Texas Nursing Home Abuse or Neglect
- The Dark Side of Senior Care in Texas
- Resident Rights - Official U.S. Government Site for Medicare
If you would like to discuss your claim with a member of our team, don't hesitate to call us at (214) 231-0544. We're ready to help you, and won't rest until you receive the settlement you deserve.