Dallas Nursing Home Slip and Fall Accident Attorney
Slip and Fall Due to Negligence in a Nursing Facility
Fall-related injuries are a major health threat for nursing home residents since injuries tend to be exacerbated by age. Although the law requires nursing homes to provide adequate supervision, maintain safe conditions on the premises, and create personalized care plans based on each resident's health – including risk of falling – many facilities in Texas and throughout the rest of the United States, unfortunately, fail in these duties, making elderly residents suffer the consequences.
If you or a loved one has sustained a fall injury in a nursing home, please don't hesitate to get in touch with the dedicated Dallas nursing home negligence lawyers at The Law Office of WT Johnson for legal guidance. We have helped many families protect their elderly loved ones from harm and pursue justice against bad nursing homes. For more information on the services our firm provides, call (214) 231-0544. We offer free, comprehensive case evaluations.
What Causes Slip and Fall Accidents in Dallas Nursing Homes?
Slip and fall accidents happen in nursing homes for a variety of reasons. The most common causes of elderly slip and fall injuries include:
- Inadequate lighting
- Wet floors
- Improper bed height and lack of adequate bedrails
- Clutter in rooms or hallways
- Medications, especially sedatives and psychoactive drugs
- Inadequate or undertrained staff
- Lack of supervision
- Poor foot care
- Restraint abuse
- Weakness linked to malnutrition and/or dehydration
An experienced Dallas injury attorney can help you establish cause and liability by conducting an investigation of the facts and circumstances surrounding your nursing home slip and fall accident.
How to Prevent Fall-Related Injuries in Nursing Homes
If your elderly loved one is susceptible to fall-related injuries and you're concerned that his or her nursing home is not taking the proper measures to prevent an incident, you may protect your loved one by developing a fall prevention plan that includes:
- Placement in a physical conditioning or rehabilitation program
- Modifications to your loved one's living space to improve mobility and safety
- Installation of an alarm system that activates when a resident is in distress and needs assistance
- Regular vision checkups
- Properly maintained assistive equipment like wheelchairs and walkers
- Well-fitting shoes with sufficient tread
- Proper medication with lowest risk of undesired side effects
- Removal of trip and slip hazards from the living space
While it never hurts to be active when it comes to the safety of your elderly loved one, remember that the nursing home is ultimately responsible for his or her health and that they can be held liable if something goes wrong.
Compassionate Dallas Nursing Home Injury Attorneys
If the injuries you or an elderly loved one suffered in a nursing home were serious enough to require medical treatment, then you may justifiably pursue a lawsuit against the liable facility. ContactThe Law Office of WT Johnson to discuss your case and determine the best course of action for you and your family.
Texas Nursing Home Negligence Case Results
- Confidential Settlement - Nursing home negligence fall resulting in subdural hematoma / wrongful death case
Click here to see more case results.
If you would like to discuss your claim with a member of our team, don't hesitate to call us at (214) 231-0544. We're ready to help you, and won't rest until you receive the settlement you deserve.