Dallas Drug Litigation Attorneys
There are times when the products designed to make us better cause us harm. Prescription drugs are particularly dangerous when they are manufactured and marketed without proper analysis or testing. Pharmaceutical companies have a responsibility to sell products on the market that are safe for consumers. When these manufacturers know their drugs can have severe side effects, they must post warnings so consumers can make informed decisions about their treatment choices.
If you or a loved one has suffered adverse side effects due to a dangerous or defective drug, please contact the experienced Dallas drug litigation attorneys at The Law Office of WT Johnson to obtain more information about your legal rights. We will fight hard to protect your rights and hold the negligent drug companies accountable.
Drug manufacturers have a responsibility and a legal obligation to make drugs safe for the marketplace. But, all too often, drug companies are aware that their drug can cause harmful drug side effects. When they choose profit over the safety and well being of consumers, which is dangerous.
Although drugs are recalled because of dangerous or deadly side effects, some pharmaceutical companies rush a product to the market or launch aggressive advertising campaigns to persuade consumers to buy them and convince doctors to prescribe them. In their eagerness to sell and make millions of dollars in profits, pharmaceutical companies end up putting consumers at great risk.
Our pharmaceutical litigation lawyers have successfully handled cases involving several types of drugs that caused serious or even lethal side effects. These drug categories include:
- Antidepressants - Drugs such as Paxil, Prozac, Zoloft and Lexapro are examples of antidepressants known to cause serious side effects like heart disease, suicidal tendencies and sexual dysfunction.
- Birth control drugs - Medications such as Yaz, Yasmin and Ortho Evra have a heightened risk of blood clots and strokes among the women who use them.
- Diabetes drugs - Drugs used to treat Type 2 diabetes, such as Actos, Januvia and Avandia, could result in serious side effects, including cancer and kidney damage.
- Blood thinners - Medications such as Plavix and Xarelto used as blood thinners have caused severe internal bleeding, which could lead to death.
- Statins - Drugs such as Lipitor, Zocor and Crestor used to treat high cholesterol levels in patients could lead to severe side effects such as muscle damage, memory issues and liver damage.
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) - According to recent studies, HRT puts women at a higher risk for breast cancer, ovarian cancer and other serious illnesses.
- Testosterone Therapy - This type of therapy aims to increase testosterone levels in men, but could lead to side effects including heart attack, stroke, blood clots and even death.
If you have suffered severe side effects as the result of taking dangerous or defective drugs, the experienced Dallas personal injury attorneys at The Law Office of WT Johnson can help you better understand your legal rights and options. We can help you get financial compensation for damages including medical expenses, lost wages, hospitalization, additional medical procedures, pain and suffering, permanent injuries and mental anguish. Contact us at (214) 231-0544 or (800) 738-4046 to schedule your free, comprehensive and confidential consultation.
- Johnson & Johnson Faces Lawsuits Linking Talcum Powder Use to Ovarian Cancer
- Is Talcum Powder Use Linked to Ovarian Cancer?
- Drug Recalls - FDA
- What Is a Drug Recall?
If you would like to discuss your claim with a member of our team, don't hesitate to call us at (214) 231-0544. We're ready to help you, and won't rest until you receive the settlement you deserve.