How Long Will It Take to Resolve my Dallas Personal Injury Case?
A: It really depends on how much you're willing to settle for. You can settle your case within weeks if you accept the insurance company's initial offer; however, know that you'll most likely be receiving far less than you deserve. Obviously, you want to be able to pay off your medical bills, lost earnings, and any other damages you may have sustained as a result of the accident. Just know that attaining a fair deal takes time.
There are three main factors that affect the length of a personal injury case in Dallas:
- Whether there are any legal or factual issues with the case;
- The amount of damages involved; and
- The amount of time it takes for the claimant to reach a point of maximum medical improvement from his/her injuries.
Depending on the severity of the injury, reaching maximum medical improvement may take months, even years. However, you must wait until you reach this point if you want to receive full coverage for past and future medical treatment.
Once all the medical records, bills, employment records, and other necessary documents have been obtained and submitted, the insurance company will usually take 30 days to evaluate the claim. The negotiation phase that follows may takes weeks or months – even longer if certain complications arise. To say the least, the whole process may take a while – a long while.
Fortunately, an experienced personal injury attorney can help expedite the process while ensuring that you receive the full and fair compensation you need to make a recovery. Contact The Law Office of WT Johnson to receive high quality legal representation from our aggressive Dallas lawyers. To learn more about what our firm can do for you in a free consultation, call (214) 231-0544 or (800) 738-4046.
Additional Personal Injury Questions & Answers
- Can I bring an injury claim or suit against the government?
- Can I get compensation if the accident was partially my fault?
- How much is my claim or lawsuit worth?
- How long will it take to resolve my personal injury case?
- The insurance company is offering me a settlement. Should I accept their offer?
- What is the modified comparative negligence rule?
- What is a catastrophic injury?
- When should I file my personal injury claim or suit?
If you would like to discuss your claim with a member of our team, don't hesitate to call us at (214) 231-0544. We're ready to help you, and won't rest until you receive the settlement you deserve.