Dallas Railroad Accident Attorneys
Legal Representation for Victims of Railroad and Train Collisions
Commuter, passenger, and freight trains are large powerful machines that people and motor vehicles encounter on an almost daily basis. Train accidents cause a large range of injuries, from minor slip and fall injuries, to catastrophic injuries such as severed limbs and death. There are approximately 3,000 train accidents each year in the United States, resulting in about 1,000 fatalities.
Legal claims relating to train accidents are very complicated, often involving the responsibility of multiple parties. Train accidents are also subject to different laws, standards, and statutes of limitations than other types of vehicle accident claims. For this reason, you need an experienced train accident attorney should you or a family member be injured in a train accident.
The Law Office of WT Johnson has over 25 years of experience representing Texas injury victims and their families. During that time, we've recovered more than $ 97,000,000 on behalf of our clients. To pursue the settlement you deserve, call our Dallas accident lawyers today at (800) 738-4046 for a free case evaluation.
Types of Train Accidents
Here are the most common types of train accidents we've handled over the years:
- Train on train collisions
- Train on other motor vehicle collisions
- Railroad crossing accidents
- Falls (both falls while riding on a train and falls from a platform)
- Cargo spills
Compensation for a Train Accident in Texas
If you are injured or have lost a loved one in a train accident, you and your family may pursue compensation for such damages as:
- Medical bills
- Pain and suffering (physical)
- Pain and suffering (mental and emotional)
- Costs of physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Permanent injury or disability
- Loss of a limb
- Property loss or damage
- Lost wages
- Wrongful death damages
Who are the Victims in a Train Crash?
Victims in a train accident can range from a single person injured at a crossing signal to an entire community when a derailment causes a spill of toxic chemicals. Other train accident victims can include:
- Train passengers
- Pedestrians and bystanders
- Railroad workers
- Drivers and passengers of other motor vehicles
- People waiting to board a train
Causes of Train Accidents
There can be multiple causes for a train accident, including driver error and distracted drivers. Who can forget the tragic 2008 Los Angeles train accident caused by an engineer texting on his cell phone. The train collided with another train, killing 25 people and wounding another 100 people. Other causes of train wrecks can include:
- Damaged tracks
- Debris on tracks
- Faulty equipment
- Carrying too much cargo weight
- Faulty emergency equipment
Railroad crossing accidents have their own list of causes, including:
- Defective gates or signals
- Engineers failing to sound their horns when approaching a crossing
- Trains failing to use their lights when approaching a crossing
- Crossing signs being obscured by trees, plants, etc.
- Objects protruding from a train
Contact an Experienced Train Accident Lawyer in Dallas
The Law Office of WT Johnson is here if you are injured or lose a family member as the result of a train accident. We're ready to fight train companies and their insurance to get you the settlement needed to heal and move on. Call us for a free consultation at (800) 738-4046.
- Four Ways to Prevent Injuries at Railroad Crossings
- $8.6M Verdict Against CSX For Retired Employee With Cancer
If you would like to discuss your claim with a member of our team, don't hesitate to call us at (214) 231-0544. We're ready to help you, and won't rest until you receive the settlement you deserve.