Dallas Product Recall Lawyers
Injured by a Recalled Product?
We hear about product recalls all the time. From vehicles to toys to food, it seems that products on the market are not always as safe as we would hope. And when these products are unsafe, for whatever reason, people get hurt. If you or someone you care about was injured as a result of a recalled product, you should contact a Dallas product liability attorney at The Law Office of WT Johnson at (214) 231-0544 or Toll Free at (800) 738-4046. Our practice is here to counsel you on your legal rights.
Types of Product Liability Claims
There are a wide variety of ways in which products can be defective and result in injury to individuals. These include:
- Manufacturing Defects: If a product is defective as a result of some issue with the production or manufacturing process itself, it is considered a manufacturing defect. Such a claim might include products such as a seatbelt that fails as a result of inadequate stitching, food contaminated during the manufacture or packaging periods, or a carseat with an improperly attached buckling system.
- Design Defects: These are defects not in the manufacturing process but in the design phase of development. A design defect might be an airbag that only engages in front or rear collisions, a child's toy that has a choking risk, or the notorious Ford Pinto which was structurally unsound because of a risk of fire due to the placement of the fuel tank.
- Marketing Defects: These are claims where the product was designed properly and manufactured properly but where the product information or marketing materials fail to identify a known risk of the product. This is more common in situations involving prescription medications where the risk of side effects is known but the information is not properly disclosed.
The GM Ignition Switch Recall
A prime example of a recalled product causing harm or injury is the GM Ignition switch recall. In that recall, it was noted that the possibility existed either due to a key ring's weight or road conditions that a key could be jarred into the "off" position which would mean in the event of a crash airbags might not deploy. This is an example of a situation in which a recalled product could cause serious injury or even death to an innocent victim in the car.
Compensation for Injuries
If you or someone you love was hurt due to a manufacturer's recalled product, we at the Law Office of WT Johnson are ready to advise and counsel you on your legal rights and remedies. Depending on the facts and circumstances of your case, you may be entitled to recover damages for lost wages, medical bills, future care and treatment and even intangible losses such as pain and suffering. You may be eligible to participate in a class action or mass tort lawsuit.
Contact our Dallas TX Recalled Product Lawyers Today
The Law Office of WT Johnson has been representing individuals for over 25 years. We are here to advise and counsel you. Contact us at (214) 231-0544 or Toll Free at (800) 738-4046.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Recall, a Case in Product Liability
- Feds Say Recalls Aren’t Getting Defective Tires Off Roads
- Recall List - U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission
If you would like to discuss your claim with a member of our team, don't hesitate to call us at (214) 231-0544. We're ready to help you, and won't rest until you receive the settlement you deserve.